Friday, July 19, 2013

Hey Look, I cooked!

And it was delicious!
Don't take that the wrong way, I am no stranger in the kitchen, but I am also not signing up for top chef anytime soon!  I cook fairly often, but always, always follow a recipe (I just don't have the gift of being able to throw things together)!  So I thought I would share a recipe with you!

This is baked cauliflower buffalo bites.  I have a confession to make, one of my guilty pleasures is Hooters boneless buffalo wings.  They are amazing! Luckily, I have that recipe, so I can have my wings minus the boobs in my face!  The only thing about the wings are that they are deep fried and not exactly the healthiest choice. 

So, when I ran across this recipe, I knew I had to try it!  I did make a few changes to fit them to my liking!

So here it goes:

Baked Cauliflower Buffalo Bites


First things first, gather your ingredients!  
You will need:
One head of cauliflower
 A cup of milk 
3/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tbs Garlic Powder
1 Tbs Butter
1/2 C Franks Red Hot Sauce (this stuff is seriously hot! I usually use the Wings, but Scott didn't know and bought the original)

Preheat your oven to 450.  It is essential to do this on the hottest day of the year like I did yesterday!  Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and set aside.  





In a mixing bowl add garlic powder, flour, and milk.  Stir together until all of the lumps are gone.  Now you will add the cauliflower to your batter.  I find that it is easiest to do this in small batches and use a spider ladle to scoop out the pieces.  This ladle will allow the access batter to drip back into the bowl.  


Place the battered cauliflower onto a greased (I just use tin foil) baking sheet and bake for roughly 18-20 minutes.
While the cauliflower is baking, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the hot sauce and stir. Another thing I will occasionally do is add maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese to the sauce.  This is in the wings recipe and is soo good!  I just didn't have any yesterday!
   When the cauliflower is done, toss it in the sauce (again, I find it's easiest to do in small batches).  Then put it back on the baking sheet and into the oven.  I switch the oven to broil to get it a bit crispy.  The original recipe just says to put it back in for 5-7 minutes.  They were still good that way, but I like them crispy.  Simply broil them until they are as crispy as you would like.  My oven broils things extremely fast, so about 2 minutes was enough for me!  


You can serve them with ranch dressing (my preference) or blue cheese and some celery.  I didn't have any celery but it is really nice to have to cool your tongue!

I love this recipe, of course it isn't quite the same as the deep fried wings, but it isn't far behind!  Plus, it's fairly healthy so I don't feel as bad when I eat almost half a head of cauliflower in one sitting!


4 comments:

  1. I love this recipe! I haven't been to hooters since well before my son was born.

    Mana
    Fashion and Happy Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so good! The hooters version is amazing but I have to limit myself to the kickoff of football season and the superbowl!

      Delete
  2. Angela, I can't wait to make these bites. Immediately!
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check my Tuesday post for details http://www.effiegirl.com

    Have a great week!
    Wendy May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Wendy May! You should def. try these, they are soo good!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...