Monday, September 17, 2012

Chaos

Sooo I haven't posted in what seems like forever (really only a week) but that's still a while!  I promise to catch up on my 30 for 30 posts as soon as possible!

 It has been a REALLY busy week week for me!  We FINALLY started on little peanut's nursery and have made quite a bit of progress for just one week! Especially because of what we are working with!  We currently rent our house and while we would much rather move to a larger place, that's just not practical for us right now, so we are having to convert our "play room" (with ugly dark wood paneling) into the baby's nursery.  I have had to be pretty inventive thinking of ways to cover the monstrosity that is the wood paneling, and since we can't paint we are starching fabric to the walls.  If you have never heard of this, it's pretty neat! I will post a step by step tutorial soon but basically you just take liquid starch and roll it onto the walls like paint, then apply your fabric, and finally cover your fabric in the starch and let dry.  So far it has worked really well!
This is the first fabric panel I did before it has been trimmed.  Pretty neat huh!  It has made such an impact in the room, I'm just hoping the rest of the room looks as good!  Along with a majority of the walls, we have cleaned out the closet and put together the crib! Yay!

On top of turning my house completely upside down, we also had Ainsley's 5th birthday party on Saturday.  I can't believe she is five! The party was really nice and I was smart enough not to have it at our house and at a park instead.  The weather was absolutely perfect and the kids had a blast.  It was a cupcake party so the kids got to decorate their own cupcakes.  When they arrived I had them decorate aprons (for the sanity of the parent) and they really enjoyed making their own and wearing them.  We had a simple hot dog lunch and let the kids play on the playground after. When it was finally time to decorate the cupcakes the kids were so excited.  They all did such a great job!  The party ended after Ainsley opened her mound of presents that we added to the tornado in our living room!  All in all it was a great party, we couldn't have asked for more!







In addition to everything else that happened this past week, I had some major assignments due for my class (I am currently in school part time for interior design). SO, needless to say, it has been absolute chaos this week.  I am so tired I can't think straight and unfortunately, I don't have time to be tired!

So here's to hoping I can get everything done in baby's room, before she arrives, get my assignments done on time, make sure I have time to spend with the Huzby and Ainsley, clean the house, cook dinner, and save the world too! 

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics! The cake looks awesome!
    Found you from the GFC Blog Hop! Hope you can check out my blog and follow back if you like it.
    www.nellecreations.com
    Win a $10 Gift Card to Decorate Your Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Visiting you from the GFC Blog Hop. I love this link party, it is one that I join in pretty much every week. There are always great blogs that I haven't seen before linked up. I am now a follower :D yay! Looking forward to keeping up with things around here.
    I have an awesome sponsor showcase going on right now. Great giveaway with lots of great prizes. I would love for you to get your name in the drawing. Here's the link:
    http://dalaynadillon.blogspot.com/2012/09/sponsor-showcase.html
    Hope to talk with ya soon!

    Dalayna
    Pointing Up
    www.dalaynadillon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...