Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sleep (or the lack of)

First, let me start off by saying that I am NOT a morning person!  When someone says they wake up at 7 or 8 in the morning, I cringe!  Don't get me wrong, when I had a job outside of the home, I did what most people do and rolled my butt out of bed at an ungodly hour, but I was not happy about it! 

You would think that having two children I would be a little more accustomed to waking early...you would think.  However, Ainsley is what we call "an Andrews".  You see, Scott and his family are night owls, even his 66 year old Mom stays up late!  In turn, this means they like to sleep in.  So, we got lucky with Ainsley in that she would sleep until at least 9am when she was a toddler.  People were amazed when I would tell them this!

Well.....fast forward 5 years and now we have little Harper. She not only looks more like my side of the family but unfortunately has inherited their sleep habits!  My parents consider "sleeping in" like 8:30, insane, I know!  Well, this has become Harper's sleep pattern.  She likes to go to be early (again not something we are used to) and she likes to get up veery early!  If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw where Harper was wide awake at 7:30, what you didn't see, was my zombie of a self laying next to her!

Since I am not a morning person, I tend to stay up waaay too late.  Again, something I should have learned by now! However, I tend to be a fairly stubborn person.  Well, last night, I did it again, only this time, Harper's incoming teeth really screwed up her (and my) sleep.  Which means, today I am running on fumes (if you couldn't tell from all of the rambling and this somewhat pointless post!)

If I have to get up at the crack of dawn, at least I am greeted with this sweet face!

 

7 comments:

  1. Hey lady! Thanks for linking up! :)

    Hope you get more sleep... I have SO been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family's adorable! Found you through Let's Be Friends Blog Hop. I'm looking forward to your writing, you sound fun. Silly is good

    www.holdingthedistaff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! I hate waking up early too. I'm stopping by from the blog hop. I hope you guys are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...