Sunday, March 3, 2013

From That Thrift Shop Down the Road

"...I wear your Granddad's clothes, I look incredible"

Scott and I are rather frugal people, not cheap, frugal!  One of our favorite things to do together is to go thrift shopping.  It's hit or miss, sometimes we leave with nothing, other times we leave with incredible finds, but we always have a good time!
This Sunday, we took the girls to one of the thrifts that we don't frequent as often as we should.  I found a few gems though!
By far my favorite was this antique highchair for Harper.  Isn't it just so charming! Yes, I am aware that it is incredibly unsafe as she can just slide right out of if, but look at it, I'm in love!

My next favorite find was this gold clock.  I have been on the look out for a clock for my room and this is the perfect one!

We found a few other things, but I wanted to share my favorites!  Another good thing about this particular thrift shop is that all of the proceeds go to the SPCA, so if you have a Cause for Paws in your area, I highly recommend you check them out!

What are some of your favorite thrift finds?

I'm linking up with Join The Gossip for Monday Morning Gossip and Sami's Shenanigans for Weekend Shenanigans!


4 comments:

  1. that is a great high chair!

    lately i've found a really awesome beatrix potter book. and a bag of 6 skeins of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrift shops are great places to find books! That's a lot of yarn!

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, I love the chair. If I had a baby, thats what they'd have. I'm sure you could install a piece inside the chair to make it a little more safe, maybe between the legs?

    regardless, cute.

    Itbritt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...