Monday, March 18, 2013

The One I didn't Want To Talk About

No, those are not my feet!

I was very hesitant to write this post.  In fact I have completely avoided this topic in the past, but I feel like if I don't talk about it and put it out there then nothing is going to change.  I'm talking about my weight.  I have been struggling with my weight for some time now, almost 6 years to be exact.

 I am only 5'3" (if I stand up REAL tall!).  Before I had Ainsley, I was pretty slim and had been for most of my life (don't get me wrong, I've always had the Ba-Donk!).  During my first pregnancy I thought, or didn't really think at all, that I could eat any and everything with no consequences.  This led to a MAJOR weight gain and my doctors tried to warn me that this was going to be an issue when my pregnancy was over. Psh what do they know?! A lot, the answer is a lot! I gained around 60 pounds with Ainsley.

I lost a little bit of weight quickly after her birth, from nursing I believe.  However, I didn't nurse her as long as I wanted and starting seeing the weight pack back on.  During the next few years my weight fluctuated, but I was still nowhere near what I was before having Ainsley.  I know they say that your body is forever changed after having a kid but I still think I should be able to lose the weight!

When I found out I was pregnant with Harper, other than being SO thrilled, I knew I had to go into this much more carefully than I did with Ainsley.  Luckily, since I was so busy with Ainsley and school and everything else, I didn't have time to just sit and stuff my face.  I had a much better diet and made sure to keep exercise in my daily routine.  I ended up only gaining 15 lbs. and having an extremely healthy pregnancy which ended with a beautiful and healthy 7 lb 15 oz baby girl.

I have since lost those 15 lbs and have managed to lose an extra 5 pounds, still, I am nowhere near where I need to be! I wish I could sit here and tell you that I just want to be healthy and I don't care about the weight, but that would be a lie.  I do care about being healthy and for the most part I am, but I also care about losing the weight!

So after all of that, I have decided to put my "story" out there (not to make it sound like I've had some tragic event happen and have a story to tell) and I would like to document my weight loss journey with a weekly post.  I have downloaded MyFitnessPal and I am keeping track of the calories I take in.  I have increased my recommended calorie intake to accommodate for nursing, as I plan to continue that for Harper's first year.  As for my fitness routine, I'm not following any strict workout plan because I know myself and I get bored doing the same thing.  I will be switching between a salsa workout (it's awesome), my Dirty Dancing workout video, and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  As soon as the weather warms up a bit I will also take daily walks while Ainsley is in school.  I know that sounds like a lot, but it offers variety which I need if I am going to stick with anything!  I hope posting this will keep me accountable!  I would love to hear about any workout routines you may have as well!

Linking up with Molly for YOLO Mondays

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you put it out there... it's easier for us to be accountable when we blog or tweet about it... I have before. Not that I've been very diligent as of late... but I'm trying.

    I commend you for throwing it out there... reminds me that I should too, again!

    Visiting from from the blog hop!

    p.s. Love the name Harper... my little niece was born in January and that's her name too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am needing to get a routine going and the motivation for it also.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...