Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIWW/Real Mom Style

Another outfit post! That's two weeks in a row, I'm on a roll!

I loved Andrea's post last week about 7 ways to wear Chambray.  I loved it so much that I was inspired to break out mine.
For whatever reason, I always seem to have a hard time making an outfit with my chambray shirt (it could be the constant "cowgirl" reference from my husband).
Cowgirl or not, I put this outfit together for a thrift outing we made this Sunday.

Another thing I have a hard time styling is this necklace.  It was a gift from my parents a few years ago and I love it, but I find it hard to wear.  I feel like with most things, adding the necklace dresses it up too much.  However, I think it is the perfect contrast to the laid back look of the chambray.  It adds interest and keeps the "cowgirl" notions at bay!


The biggest problem I am finding with the self timer on my camera is that my shoes get cut out of every picture.  I wore my trusty leopard flats, they are SO comfortable and go with basically anything, (or maybe they don't and I'm just trying to convince myself because they are so comfy)!

I'm linking up with Momma in Flipflops 2 for Real Mom Style and The Pleated Poppy for WIWW!
What did you wear?



6 comments:

  1. Oh you did fabulous. LOVE IT!! Where did you get your leopard flats?? Mine are gone and I can't wait to get some more. :) you look great & I think eerything together looks gorgeous. Thanks for the reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually got them around this time last year at Kohl's I believe. I have seen similar ones recently at Forever 21 (online) and at Target.

      Delete
  2. Super cute! You've inspired me to break out my chambray shirt again, too! I'm your newest follower, I found you through WIWW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the shoes!

    dropping by from GYB hop
    trish @ tales from ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, what part of that did you get thrifting? It all fits you so nicely, and looks good as new. I, my friend, am impressed. I love thrifting, but sometimes look like a hobo.

    ooooooops.

    Itbritt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love those flats! :) I'm a new BlogLovin' follower, stopping by from the GYB blog hop. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. And now I have that thrift shop song stuck in my head! :)

    Mary Catherine of Fun-A-Day!
    http://www.fun-a-day.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...