Thursday, March 28, 2013

Yarn Easter Egg Garland

I was in a bit of a crafting mood and somehow had a little time on my hands, so I decided to try something I saw on Pinterest (where else?!).


First you will need to gather your supplies:
Liquid Starch (you could use Mod podge if you prefer, I just happened to have TONS of starch laying around from my last project)
Water Balloons
Yarn
  and of course an adorable assistant!

Blow up as many balloons as you want.  Cut fairly generous lengths of yarns and soak in a bowl of starch.  Allow the yarn to soak for a minute then start wrapping it around the balloon.

Make sure there is plenty of starch on the yarn (not dripping wet but close). When you are done wrapping, set all of your balloons in a single layer in a well vented area and let dry.  I left mine to dry overnight.  Once the yarn is COMPLETELY dry, pop the balloons.  From here you can string them on more yarn and hang as garland like I have done, or they also look cute in a bowl or vase! 
I love how they turned out but unfortunately it didn't really photograph as well as it looks in person!

Have fun and Happy Easter!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...