Tuesday, May 7, 2013

In the {Diaper} Bag


I've seen a lot of bloggers who have done a "What's in my Purse" and I love reading them!  So, I thought I would do a version with my diaper bag.  
To be completely honest, I don't always carry my diaper bag.  My pocketbook is large enough to hold a few diapers and wipes, so if I'm just running out for a quick trip I skip the diaper bag! 
Don't get me wrong, I love my diaper bag but with two kids it's much easier to leave it sometimes. 

When I do carry my diaper bag I make sure that it is stocked with these items:

~An extra outfit-for obvious reasons, babies are messy little things!
~A sweater- this doesn't get much use, but for those cold restaurants it comes in handy
~An extra pair of socks-for the cold restaurant
~Diapers, wipes and cream-I put these in a little pouch so everything is together and I don't have to dig around!
~Lotion and bath wash- because well, you never know!
~Boogie wipes- these are wonderful!  They smell like grape and get rid of the sticky boogers without having to rub their little noses raw!
~Paci wipes-Harper doesn't really care for her paci like Ainsley did (a thumb is more her style) but these are great when they start playing the "lets throw everything on the disgusting floor then scream because she remembered she reeeally wanted it" game. It's also great for shopping carts!
~Toys- these are interchangeable and the amounts vary depending on where we are going.
~First aid kit- A 5 year old is an accident waiting to happen!
~Beauty emergency kit- floss, deodorant, earring backs, stain remover wipes, etc.
~A light blanket- NC weather can be tricky
~Security Blanket- I will say, it took me a while to get on the Aden and Anais blanket boat but there is something about this blanket that Harper LOVES.  She has one in her crib and one that travels with us!

There are a few things that I generally carry but aren't in this picture like snacks (crackers, puffs) and some sort of coloring page for Ainsley to play with.

So, that's what is in my diaper bag!  It may seem like a lot because it is, which is why I only carry it if I know I will be out of the house for an extended period of time!

Linking up with Kristin for Baby talk!


3 comments:

  1. Your diaper bag contents look extremely similar to mine! I love the idea of putting the diapers, wipes & cream in a separate bag! I'm going to have to do that. Thanks so much for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list for new moms Angela! And now with a toddler, I need to get a first aid kit... thanks for reminding me! New follower!

    The May giveaway for a new blog design ends tonight at midnight! Our Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a diaper bag. With each kid I started out strong and then by the 6th month complete fail. My purse, backpocket, backpack, the floor in the 3rd row becomes my diaper bag. LOL

    BTW... New Bloglovin' follower
    Chelle @ Oh,just stop already BlogLovin' // Oh, just stop already

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...